Since starting this blog I have tried to post something every weekday. This weekend I was in Lethbridge (southern Alberta) for a swim meet when we were hit with a major snow storm. Unfortunately, the storm hit right when we were ready to leave so we ended up spending an extra night before attempting the drive for a second time in the morning. Despite the stress of the storm and our attempt to get home, my co-coaches and I decided to make lemonade out of the proverbial lemons we were given by mother nature. So here are our collective tips for braving out the snow when stuck in a hotel in small town Alberta.
- Go for a jog in the hotel gym
- Brave the snow on foot to go pick up healthy/not-so-healthy snacks & ‘spa’ supplies
- Do hair & face masks in your hotel room
- Pick-up supper from the across the street and enjoy it while sitting on the floor of your hotel room
- Laugh until you cry
- Try to watch TV but fall asleep early
So despite the craziness of the weather, we ended up having a pretty fun night together!! :) Thanks girls!!!